- Location: England - Middlesex - Osterley
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 22-02-2018
- Reference number: 39527
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Production Services provides production services for all of our Content Creation teams - Sport, News and Entertainment. We also provide our services to Independent Production Houses. With over 700 talented people, we make sure our customers’ have a great experience; from the pictures they see to the sound they hear.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
The Stills Department is responsible for the lifecycle of the image assets held by the company. This responsibility therefore includes all image processes from the point of image procurement to delivery of assets to customer. Therefore, the Stills Picture Editor will oversee all of the processes involved in ensuring the quality of imagery delivered to the client is to the consistently high standard expected of the company. To achieve this the Picture Editor must be competent in liaising with suppliers of the raw material, and fully understand the different requirements of the business.
- To fully edit the imagery supplied to the business; this will involve both the retouching of imagery and creation of bespoke imagery via photo editing software, and ensuring that the correct metadata is attached to the image.
- To offer advice and solutions to all image workflows, and understand the downstream processes involved in getting imagery to the customer.
- To select the business-preferred images for downstream services.
- To control delivery of assets to the clients by using the bespoke Digital Asset Management system SEAC.
- To research and purchase imagery for on-air Sky programming, being able to negotiate fees and agree licence periods and copyright clearance to deadline.
- To project manage imagery for Sky commissioned content, liaising with publicity and marketing teams to gain image approval and the coordinated controlled delivery of assets under embargo.
- Ability to demonstrate clear and concise communication skills with colleagues and customers alike, in order to provide a high standard of relevant and timely information pertaining to the work carried out
- You will also need to be highly organised to deal with and prioritise your daily workload.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to assess, maintain and develop own performance and aid the team performance objectively, against agreed productivity and quality targets is essential
- Previous experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, camera software and a digital asset management system.
- A passion for the media industry is essential and a general understanding of media photography is advantageous.
- You will be able to work on a Monday – Friday working pattern
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better