TV Metadata Editor
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 23-05-2018
- Reference number: 300286
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Our Content Discovery Editorial sits within our Content Planning Operations team. The team is responsible for managing and maintaining a feed of enhanced metadata that powers content discovery features across Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV & sky.com
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
Your key responsibilities:
As a Metadata Editor within Content Discovery Editorial you will help manage and curate a feed of enhanced TV metadata that powers the content discovery features our customers love (including search and personalised recommendations) across all platforms.
- Help to manage a key content genre - curating & maintaining all associated metadata tasks using our in-house CMS (e.g. descriptive tags, cast/crew info, imagery, live/premiere flags etc)
- Tagging titles with key attributes (e.g. format, plot type, mood) to help power algorithmic recommendations
- Working closely with internal & external data suppliers (Press Association, Rotten Tomatoes) to ensure the data they are supplying is timely & accurate. Maintaining departmental relationships, both internal and external
- Ensuring quality/coverage of linear imagery, resolving gaps where required
- Ad-hoc support of VOD imagery publication
- Resolving bad matches; validating linear/DTH/OTT airings are assigned to the correct UUID
- Management & curation of the Never Miss reminder service, which in turn powers New Series and Permanent Series Link functionality
- Maintaining channel/provider logos & channel group data. Monitoring output on all downstream clients (Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV, sky.com)
- Passionate about TV, Movies & Sport
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach)
- Great at planning, organising & prioritising a busy workload
- Tenacious, but diplomatic when required
- Happy when working autonomously
- Excellent communications skills
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better