Principal Software Engineer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 07-08-2018
- Reference number: 37185
Salary: £65k to £75k
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to manage and enhance innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the engineering team within PDD, you'll help drive best practice across our software development teams.
- Software Component Integration, writing and debugging low level code
- Take responsibility for delivery of software features to the committed schedule
- Track individual defect fixes or new developments against the schedule and provide status reports to the team leader.
- Identify technical changes necessary to achieve a specific requirement.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Escalate, where necessary, project and technical conflicts.
- Evidence of practical achievements in the application of one or more of the following skill and knowledge sets.
- Excellent knowledge of applying C in a multitasking embedded environment.
- Linux development and POSIX standards.
- Real Time Operating Systems.
- Defect database tracking and maintenance.
- Software architecture and design.
- DVB, XSI, DSS Digital TV standards.
- Understanding of low level Set Top Box software is a must.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better