Automation Tester - Sky Technology, Leeds
- Location: England - Yorkshire - Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 36760
Automation Tester – Sky Technology, Leeds
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Without the skills of our brilliant in-house Technology team, these game-changing innovations wouldn’t be possible. They develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love – when and wherever they want. As Sky grows, we’re seeking talented and passionate Test Engineers to join our team.
Who you’ll be working with
Based in Leeds, our Technology team is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK. It’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to live and work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work to ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, to whom quality is of the highest priority.
• Responsible for ensuring features meet specified requirements.
• Ensure that User Experience is given the same high consideration as technical function.
• Work both independently and in cooperation with the development team to build upon and maintain a robust and efficient automated test suite.
• Be actively involved in the team and projects as a whole and make recommendations where necessary in order to help improve or amend process.
• Maintain an awareness of test coverage and provide solutions in order to address any shortfalls.
• Participate in the continuous delivery of quality code in alignment with the business objectives
• Interpret and negotiate business requirements in order to deliver high quality, customer focused testing solutions.
• Experience testing software in a true agile delivery environment
• Writing fast, effective automated tests suitable for use in a continuous delivery pipeline
• Good understanding of Test Automation tools (Selenium, Webdriver, wdio, Cucumber or equivalent)
• Strong in at least one Object Oriented Programming language such as Java
• Test automation framework best practice (reusable components, page object etc)
• Experience in test Automation in CI Pipelines (Go, Hudson, Jenkins etc.)
• Terminal and CLI tools (Bash, shell etc.)
• Experience in Git & version control preferable
• Understanding of Cloud Hosting platforms (AWS, Heroku, CloudFoundry etc.)
• Understanding of Microservice based architecture preferable
• Strong initiative and able to work unsupervised
• Experience using defect & project tracking software (JIRA, Waffle)
• Non Functional Testing experience preferable, including tooling (JMeter, Pally, Gatling)
• Strong communication skills
• Clear understanding of what constitutes Quality software
• Good team player with strong desire for collaboration
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
If you’re ready to challenge yourself and make a positive impact for our customers, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better