- Location: England - Yorkshire - Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 37002
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
• Developing high quality, testable and high performance software using agile practices
• Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholder
• Working in an agile and team driven approach.
• You are able to write great code from scratch using SOLID principles and are also competent in frameworks such as React, Express and Node (highly desirable).
• Experience working with complex restful XML and JSON api
• Understanding of highly resilient and performant services
• Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices with a wiliness to be a proactive participant in the agile process
• You are a team player and recognise the benefits of pair programming for complex features and problem solving.
• Being an advocate and internal expert of SkyPort for other teams using the API
• You are an advocate of TDD, BDD and Agile principles.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better