- Location: England - Yorkshire - Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 37002
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work. Our new teams use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
- Developing high quality, testable and high performance software using agile practices
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholder
- Working in an agile and team driven approach.
- You are able to write great code from scratch using SOLID principles and are also competent in frameworks such as React, Express and Node (highly desirable).
- Experience working with complex restful XML and JSON api
- Understanding of highly resilient and performant services
- Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices with a wiliness to be a proactive participant in the agile process
- You are a team player and recognise the benefits of pair programming for complex features and problem solving.
- You are an advocate of TDD, BDD and Agile principles.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better