Non-Functional Tester - Sky Technology, Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 40490
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Identity Tribe.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Leeds Dock campus offers a variety of other perks including a pool table, ping-pong tables, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing non-functional testing against back-end / service layer implementations within an agile software development environment utilising continuous delivery pipeline
- Comfortable with taking full ownership of the non-functional test process that includes ownership of the sign-off of each release.
- Building and designing real world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Work with the business owner and developers to identify and ensure non-functional requirements are defined and are satisfied through testing.
- Able to take ownership of test environments to include the scheduling and deployment of production-ready software in every iteration
- Conducting tests to prove high availability systems (circuit breakers, kill switches)
- Knowledge of at least 2 programming/scripting languages, with Python, Bash and Lua as preferred
- Working experience in Unix/Linux systems
- Be familiar with communication protocol/technologies, HTTP/HTTPS is essential
- Some experience with monitoring/visualization/time series database technologies, with Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk as preferred
- Knowledge and experience of containerisation, with Docker and Rancher as preferred
- Working experience using version control, Git as preferred
- Ability in liaising with other teams for end-to-end system testing
- Ability to design and clearly document performance test strategies
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better