Senior DevOps Engineer - Sky Technology, Leeds
- Location: England - Yorkshire - Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 38263
DevOps Engineer – Sky Technology, Leeds
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Making bold decisions is a big part of our history at Sky – and with talented people like you on board, we’re confident it’s going to be a big part of our future. OTT delivers an exciting range of Internet TV products that’s revolutionising the industry, with fresh ideas and the latest technologies. We’re once again transforming the way our customers view content by making Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sports available across a range of devices.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
You will join a System Engineering group, which uses cutting edge technology to build and support applications that put Sky first for online content, customer service and sales. The role will contribute to the architecture, technical design and continuous improvement of key platforms within Sky’s infrastructure and provides a great opportunity for an experienced and successful Senior Systems Engineer to take on more responsibilities.
- Supporting and working alongside agile development teams to ensure they have all the facilities to get the job done
- Driving best technology and software practices in to the team
- Owning and managing relationships with multiple suppliers &/or equivalent internal teams
- Contributing to the scope and design of new environments
- Put in place processes of continuous improvement, ensuring systems are always up to date and the best available for the business
- Be part of the on-call rota to support the platform
- Virtualization environment (Vmware ESXi, Openstack, etc.)
- Configuration management systems (Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchBase, etc.)
- Cloud platforms (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash etc.)
- Containerization & orchestration platforms (K8s, Rancher, etc.)
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better