Senior Java Developer - Sky Technology, Leeds
- Location: England - Yorkshire - Leeds
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 37545
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales. We ask for the very best from our development teams, so we'll make sure that you'll get the training, experience you need to have an enjoyable and fulfilling career here.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
You will be joining a forward thinking software development team as a Senior Java Developer, using cutting edge technology to provide web applications that put Sky first for online content, customer service and sales.
- You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions and implementations meeting and exceeding customer experience and usability requirements.
- You will deliver rich internet applications (RIA), in an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Working in an agile and team driven approach, strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Experience and strong ability in Java Development
- Advocate of TDD and BDD practices
- Experience of OO development and design patterns
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context
- Proven mentoring capabilities
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better