Accounts Assistant - Germany Team
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 04-01-2019
- Reference number: 43773
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
You will work within the Actuals Reporting Team in the Sky Germany General Ledger team to manage and account for the month end close, local reporting and IFRS reporting of the business.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Book journals and prepare supporting documentation.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of outputs.
- Prepare individual entity statutory accounts and monthly reporting.
- Support commercial finance with timely, accurate and insightful reporting
- Be involved in Continuous improvement projects such as report automation and standardisation.
- Assist with internal and external audit queries.
- Support the financial control environment
- Do Ad-hoc project work, as and when required.
Experience of working with a Finance department and basic accounting experience
Ability to operate under pressure and to tight timescales.
Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel).
German language skills (for business preferred, but not required if the right candidate)
Good problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about