- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 04-01-2019
- Reference number: 43799
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Delivering accounting and reporting services to our customers in the Technology and CTO Commercial Finance Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Account for Technology spend, to include accruals, prepayments and various analysis of different types of business overheads.
- Account for CTO spend, to include accruals, prepayments and various analysis of different types of business overheads and direct costs.
- Prepare Technology and CTO P&L and balance sheet packs, including basic commentary.
- Submit Technology and CTO P&L, balance sheet and working capital to Sky group timetable.
- Perform quarterly analysis of tax sensitive codes.
- Prepare and submit quarterly group financial returns
- Work on Continuous improvement projects such as report automation and standardisation.
- Do ad-hoc project work, as and when required.
- Assist with internal and external audit queries.
- Great numeracy and organisational skills
- Some practical experience in an accounting environment
- General ledger experience or understanding of double entry bookkeeping including accruals/prepayments.
- Excel knowledge.
- SAP knowledge would be advantageous
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about