Build Automation Engineer
- Location: Scotland - West Lothian - Livingston
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 37246
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers’ experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Build Automation Engineer within our Engineering department and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
The Infrastructure Platforms team provide a range of in-house cloud services that provide self-service access to infrastructure services to colleagues across the business. The team are always seeking ways to improve processes, drive efficiency, and create better ways for users to provision and manage virtual infrastructure. We’ll give you the opportunity to work across industry-leading products and cutting edge open source solutions whilst working as part of an Agile environment with a bunch of lovely and very talented folks.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Help design and manage the reliability, maintenance and performance improvement of our Private Cloud platform
• Automate templating, deployment and management of virtual machines
• Work with customers to identify opportunities for standardisation and automation of manual processes
• Passionate about automation and process improvement with a desire to learn new skills, gain knowledge and innovate
• Ability to confidently communicate complex issues in a simple form, both verbally and written
• Methodical technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills with an ability to lead and manage investigation activities
• Understanding of enterprise virtual server environments, including networking, storage, and compute
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and energetic environment
• Experience of automating the installation and configuration of Microsoft operating systems and application software
• Solid understanding of modern programming and software development techniques including reusability, version control, continuous integration, etc.
• Systems integration systems using REST, JSON and XML interfaces
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better