Continuous Improvement & Change Manager - Finance
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43574
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
In Finance Delivery (approx. 300 staff), you will be part of our financial heart, working to ensure we continue to be recognised as a World Class finance team. Together with the leadership team, you will be key to driving our change agenda in Finance Delivery as well as more widely within the rest of Finance.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Manage the CI team and will be responsible for the successful design, management and delivery of finance change initiatives, building upon the quality and efficiency of end-to-end finance processes across our World Class finance function. Your remit will span General Ledger Accounting, Payables, Receivables, and Cash Management.
- Work closely with our Financial Systems and Governance team to ensure the “right” solution is approved and delivered for the benefit of the Finance Delivery function.
- Also be responsible for the successful migration of new financial processes into our finance shared service centre.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of Finance Delivery.
- Design and deliver a CI programme across Finance Delivery.
- Manage, coach and lead a team of 3 dedicated staff, augmented by staff seconded to support specific projects
- Build excellent and lasting relationships with your Finance and business customers across the business.
- Support the development, communication and implementation of our finance function across Europe.
- Experience of lean techniques and project management disciplines within finance functions: either in a shared service environment or as part of a commercial finance function.
- Been designing, implementing and optimising processes across teams, and the desire to build a lasting, scalable finance function.
- Experience of large, complex organisations, and have the commercial acumen and credibility required to build strong relationships with your finance and business customers within the UK, Italy and Germany. Furthermore, you recognise the value of an empowered team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Italian and/or German language skills would be advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical level: appreciating the bigger picture; whilst vigilant for the devil in the detail.
- Good understanding of end to end finance process management (e.g. Account to Report, Order to Cash) gained through various financial operations or project roles
- Experience using financial systems particularly SAP ECC6
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about