- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43801
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Data Architect;
- Gather user stories and requirements and propose solutions and capabilities for new data products.
- Work with project managers, squad leads, developers, testers and the operations team (using the squad model), to iterate delivery of incremental value to our users.
- Maintain architectural standards that assure data product development projects align with business objectives.
- Assist technical teams with issues needing domain, data and technical expertise or complex systems knowledge.
- Be forward looking to bring state of the art practices and techniques
- Demonstrable experience and prior accountability for user stories and requirements through to design, and experience in taking responsibility for the design meeting business functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience to deliver and lead processes that are appropriate for the project delivery, including but not limited to leading Design Thinking, workshops, requirements gathering and validation processes, and delivering high level designs.
- Experience in information management and customer centric decision making and quad-play domains at Sky or other similar organisations.
- Be expertise in - the storage and processing of data in Google Cloud Platform, Inmon and Kimball approaches to data modelling and schemas, data integration / extraction, transformation and load (ETL) of data.
- Experience of Cloud and Big Data technologies including skills in some of the following would be advantageous: Google Cloud Platform, Apache Beam, Python, Java, SQL, Tableau, Netezza, and Sybase IQ.
- Experience with CRM, telephony, web technologies, OTT, and digital systems.
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication, and strong presentation skills, able to produce high quality, well-structured documentation.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about