DevOps Engineer in Tools
- Location: Scotland - West Lothian - Livingston
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 39079
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Tools team is responsible for maintaining and improving the development tools used by technology teams throughout Sky’s UK operations. We are a small team, collaborating closely with the people who use the tools we maintain to make sure we meet their needs. We have a strong innovation focus, evolving and extending our tools to save time and effort for ourselves and our users and making use of our data to provide insights into how the development process could be improved.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
- Maintain, improve and extend our source control platform and tools to ensure resilience, performance and compatibility with future needs.
- Provide experience and direction in using our tools to a user base of over 1000
- Proactively automate procedures to increase the team efficiency
- Drive improvements and innovation in our tools to increase their value to Sky
- Engage with end users and seek feedback to increase the team success
- Make use of new technologies such as containerisation to improve our service to end users
- Experience maintaining source control platforms and tools – particularly Git or Subversion
- Experience designing and developing services for use in business-critical development environment
- Experience of working as part of a collaborative team
- Experience of supporting end-users to resolve issues and proactively improve the user experience
- Strong communication skills
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better