Employee Relations Consultant - 6mth FTC
- Location: Scotland - West Lothian - Livingston
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 03-02-2018
- Reference number: 39062
Employee Relations Cunsultant
6 mth Fixed Term Contract
Livingston, West Lothian
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As an ER Consultant, you’ll manage ER related cases, delivering consistent and clear expert advice to line managers, on the application of Sky employee relation policies and processes in escalated cases.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days holiday (pro-rated).
Your key responsibilities
- Using a coaching style, advise managers on the application of Sky ER policies and processes – largely remotely in complex, sensitive and high risk cases.
- Make judgements and advise managers where Occupational Health (OH) input is required and escalate to OH as necessary – ensuring both manager and OH complete actions within required / reasonable timeframes.
- Use expert judgement to identify risk areas during conversations with managers / review of case management data and MI and take immediate remedial action or escalate where necessary. Be clear with managers what is within their scope to decide.
- Stretch manager thinking to review implications of their decisions from an employee and business perspective. Provide feedback to managers to help build their knowledge and skills.
- Monitor and review quality of line manager case management during and after case conclusion, in line with audit requirements and to ensure due diligence – in terms of documentation, delivery, timescales etc.
- Identify common policy/process queries / misconceptions, and where required investigate the scope/scale of the issue and escalate with ER Managers. Continually seek opportunities that will reduce the number of cases needing to be escalated.
- Support the ER Managers in the design and development of ER policies, processes and supporting material.
- You will have recently worked in ER or in an HR Generalist role, where you have managed complex ER cases.
- You will have experience in leading or supporting business change projects
- You will have a broad understanding of HR Policy and Employment legislation
- You’ll be experienced in providing HR or ER advice and guidance to Managers
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better