Financial Controller - Accounts Payable (qualified accountant)
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 30-01-2019
- Reference number: 321196
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is a great opportunity to join the Finance team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Lead a team of c16 individuals, providing day to day operational leadership as well as leading the wider objectives of the team and the development support required to help the team (and those within it) prosper.
- Own the performance of the Accounts Payable function at Sky, maintaining world class performance on key metrics such as (but not limited to) DPO, Electronic invoicing and end to end I2P performance.
- Liaise with a wide network of Stakeholders, ensuring that they are provided with relevant, timely and accurate information which informs and directs business decisions.
- Own and be accountable for maintaining a strong, robust and well-designed control environment as well as being the first point of contact for both internal and external audit assignments covering Accounts Payable.
- Review and drive weekly productivity and performance target achievement across the various functions within Accounts Payable
- Be responsible for all month end reporting associated with Accounts Payable, including review of balance sheet submissions, aged creditor reports, & other associated processes.
- Contribute to the wider continuous improvement agenda within Finance Operations, driving improvements in key areas including e-invoicing, timely receipting, robust payment practices procedures & straight through processing
- A full accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS, etc.)
- An organised and methodical individual, possessing attention to detail whilst working under a pressure.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment is desirable, particularly within a Accounts payable environment
- Experience of leading a large team of c20 people, with c2 direct reports.
- Proven record of delivery, particularly of insightful and value adding analysis to customers
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting to Senior Stakeholders and building strong, long lasting relationships with them.
- Strong IT skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of using SAP and Vendor invoice management
- A self-starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative.
- Any Italian language skills would be handy but are not a must.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about