Head of Internal Communications & Engagement
- Location: Scotland - West Lothian - Livingston; Scotland - Fife - Dunfermline
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 26-01-2018
- Reference number: 39053
Base location – Livingston or Dunfermline
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Internal Communication & Engagement Team supports all customer facing areas across Sky that sit within the Customer Service Group. From in-home engineers, to our retail people based in shopping centres across the UK to our sales and service centres in the UK, northern Ireland, India and Bulgaria. Supporting both the MDs of Service and Sales, and their teams, this department is crucial to delivering the Customer Service Group vision of offering the best service in the country by inspiring and connecting with over 12,000 front line employees.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Lead a world-class, innovative and passionate team who strive to connect all customer facing Sky people and their leadership teams to the Sky vision and purpose to help deliver the best service in the country for our customers. Working closely with the Sky corporate Internal Communications team, CSG MDs and the CSG Know-How teams, build and deliver a compelling communications and engagement strategy, driving innovation and high quality work through a team of c. 20 people. From immaculate day to day delivery of operational communications, to at-scale recognition programmes, to strategic business partner advice, the department is varied and is in service of Sky’s front line populations.
- Create an internal and operational communications strategy to help deliver the best service in the country by engaging and connecting with over 12,000 geographically dispersed front line employees
- Shape and lead the communications and engagement team, providing clear direction, a compelling vision, connection to key Sky and CSG initiatives and day to day prioritisation.
- Build message and delivery plans that support Sky, CSG and local business area priorities, keep driving towards CSG goals and ensure clarity, consistency and quality
- Develop and deliver a leadership framework to build visibility of CSG leaders, connect them with their audiences and help build 2-way communication that is authentic and impactful
- Build relationships with and act as a trusted adviser to both the MDs of CSG, key CSG leaders and relevant Corporate Affairs / wider Sky stakeholders
- To support the delivery of an on-going cultural transformation within CSG, acting as a savvy business leader and contributing to the agenda beyond internal communications
- Experience leading operational communications strategy development & implementation, with a focus on digital methods.
- Ability to engage , update and influence cross functional and complex senior stakeholder groups with conflicting needs.
- Experience implementing local site recognition strategies & interventions across multi site customer focused organisations.
- In previous roles will have led specialised teams to deliver a strategy that supports organisational goals.
- Deep understanding of employee engagement techniques & best practices (within operational communications remit).
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better