- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43643
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Group Technology Security team.
“My team works with all areas of Sky Group (UK, Germany and Italy), providing information/cyber security advice, support and guidance to help Infrastructure, system, platform and content owners implement solutions that maintain the integrity and security of all customer/employee and business data. Sky is a fast paced, innovative organisation so there is always something new being developed or improved that needs Security Specialist support” – Dave Long, IS Security Programme Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be primarily responsible for advising project teams, system and platform owners on information security best practice, working with them such that they understand and resource/cost the effort needed to avoid or mitigate any security risks in their business area of responsibility. This role will require close co-operation with many other business units and individuals across Sky Group (UK ,Germany and Italy). You will need to approach Information security from both a technical and business process perspective and have a strong sense of responsibility, along with a healthy degree of scepticism.
- Delivering Technical & Business information security consultancy support across Sky Group Departments / Programmes of work.
- Promoting the importance of effective cyber security controls in the protection of customer data, sky content and other business data
- Supporting Sky business areas to remain compliant to recognised standards (such as Payment Card Industry – PCI and Sarbanes Oxley – SoX)
- Good overall understanding of physical and logical Security architecture and controls needed in an enterprise environment to address cyber security concerns to protect customer and Sky data and content.
- Advanced understanding of application Security and techniques to mitigate threats in application code and functions.
- Technical skills in application architecture, software development, and common software platforms (e.g. browser apps, web services, client-server, mainframe, mobile) design in order to converse with other internal customers.
- Strong understanding of security assessment tools and techniques in an Enterprise environment.
- Good collaboration skills and the patience, pragmatism and ability to accept rebuffs and setbacks without undue rancour
- Ideally a recognised professional security qualification /membership such as CISSP or CISMP or equivalent.
- The ability to articulate & author technical security documents, reports, recommendations and similar written communications.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about