Service Desk Analyst
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44097
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Service Desk Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Take responsibility for providing effective 1st & 2nd line support to users via the Service Desk, including support of systems, servers and networks. The existing infrastructure primarily consists of Windows 7/10 & Apple Mac desktops/mobile devices, Windows 2012/2016 servers, Sun-Solaris and HP-UX, TCP/IP networking and several largely bespoke applications developed around Adabas, Informix and Oracle databases as well as Citrix based desktops and applications.
- Log, record and prioritising all incidents received in to the Service Desk
- Contribute to the effective service provision of the Service Desk Team, adhering to processes and guidelines
- Ensure online requests, incidents and requests are assigned and dealt with in line with SLAs
- Be advising and assisting team members with service provision
- Dealing with queries in a calm, swift and customer focussed manner
- Providing 1st & 2nd line support for all of Sky’s IT infrastructure
- Be user administration and provisioning of all IT Infrastructure Technologies.
- Follow Sky’s health and safety policies and procedures; report any safety issues to line management; and participate in Sky’s objective to be a safe and healthy workplace.
- Standard Grades (English, Maths and one other) and a passion for technology.
- Excellent communications, good time management and problem-solving skills
- Experience to work on own initiative, ability to multi-task and deal with pressure
- Previous experience in a Customer Focussed Environment dealing with Customer complaints and queries in volumes more than 40 per day.
- Experience working in technical Service Desk supporting 20000+ user base on 1st & 2nd level IT related queries.
- Skills using Windows Desktops (Win 7 & Win 10, MS Office products,2013 & O365 (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
- MAC OSX (Sierra, Mojave)
- Call logging tool experience such as Remedy, Service Now, etc, Active Directory Administration, Exchange 2016, O365
- Mobile devices – iPhones/iPads/Android.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about