- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43156
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our ISP Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As an ISP team application support engineer, you will provide application support for high availability, resilient and low latency application for Sky’s Broadband, Voice and Mobile customer across the European regions Sky operates.
- Support applications running on the Sky Broadband Internet Service Platform
- Fix issues as they arise, where not possible devise mitigation strategy to keep services running
- Maintain and extend the CI/CD pipeline used for application deployment.
- Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- Provide 3rd / 4th line support to the Operations department for systems which have been deployed.
- Develop, maintain and enhance automaton tools for service deployment, service patching and service security.
- Provide application support for ISP services to end users.
- Devise and model multi-site service topology, it’s dependencies and interactions for automated life-cycle application deployment.
- Some professional knowledge of theories, methods and technologies in own function.
- Experience to apply specialist knowledge across the business.
- Experience with open source applications such as Nginx, BIND, Unbound.
- Experience with ISP services such as NTP, Radius and DNS.
- Experience in troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Knowledge of automation tools and practices
- Experience in SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Good understanding of TCP and UDP
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about