Commercial Manager- TV Retention
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 02-01-2019
- Reference number: 43343
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Commercial Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As the Trading Manager, you will be responsible for the in-quarter trading performance for their RTM. Working across multiple teams and in conjunction with the Trading Controller and you will have the responsibility from accepting the quarterly plan at RTM level through to final delivery via the filed based trading teams.
- Develop relationships and work with the product planning teams, finance and marketing operation functions to map out the trading quarter performance for the RTM and provide bottom up forecasts.
- Understand relationships between KPI’s and what factors impact trading performance negatively and positively throughout the quarter. Work closely with support functions such as Finance, IDS and Product teams to optimise trading propositions.
- Understand commercial impacts of in quarter trading performance and support the Trading Controller with mitigation options, sized, costed and realistic with Trading Performance,
- Ensure insights and views are represented through quarterly planning process and factored into target setting
- Provide support to Trading Controllers when sizing opportunities and risks based on insights
- Develop and write commercial group briefing material in conjunction with Product Commercial and Marketing teams.
- Be across all briefing material from external teams (Marketing, Customer Service Group), coordinating the priority order of briefings to ensure RTM briefings are in line with Marketing Sync plans
- Manage incentive overlay process for RTM trading team with Finance to ensure budget allocation is correct at quarterly/annual planning.
- Take consolidated analysis of incentive overlay performance and convert to overall trading impact against trading KPI’s
- Brilliant collaborator and communicator skills and are comfortable to work as part of a team as well as lead a virtual team in a face paced environment.
- Fully comfortable working with data from multiple sources and consolidating into concise views that enable commercial decisions to be made.
- Credible and able to present work up to the MD Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set.
- Worked across a matrix organisation with the product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about