Corporate Comms Manager
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 17-12-2018
- Reference number: 43746
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Corporate Affairs Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Corporate Communications Manager, you will report to the Head of Corporate Media Relations. You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Corporate Media Relations by managing reactive issues and delivering priority corporate PR campaigns.
- Formulate and managage the delivery of proactive corporate PR campaigns
- Effectively managing a wide range of reactive issues with a wide range of media
- Support the running of a best in class press office which operates in an integrated way across platforms and channels
- Build relationships with key journalists, commentators and industry bodies
- Act as a counsellor to business stakeholders on corporate issues, ensuring that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements
- Partner with public and regulatory affairs colleagues to support Sky’s policy objectives, and manage our reputation in a dynamic environment
- Work across other priority campaigns as required
- Preferred 5 years PR / Corporate Communications experience, ideally within a consumer-facing regulated sector
- Good understanding of digital communications, including social media and owned content
- Experience of managing a busy press office in a high-pressure environment
- Good relationships with relevant media across TMT and Consumer Affairs
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about