- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44135
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Test and Release Management team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As an Environment Manager in the Test and Release Management team within Technology UK, your primary purpose will be the planning and delivery of specific test environments in support of our project delivery objectives.
- Analyse and translate project environment requirements in order to establish and document the approved Environment Specification; also to maintain this throughout the test delivery lifecycle;
- Creation of an Environment Delivery Plan to establish the key activities, resources, dependencies, risks and time scales necessary to deliver the environment;
- Coordinate test environment deployments, configuration and test activities required to provide and prove a stable test environment;
- Liaise with the required internal and external resources to ensure the environment is built, configured and validated in accordance with defined standards; also to ensure that the delivery plan is on track to deliver against agreed time, cost and quality targets;
- Manage the relationship with teams external to the Test and Release Management team in order to facilitate test environment solutions;
- Work closely with colleagues in Test and Release Management – this to ensure full awareness of the delivery landscape and ensure that the Test and Release Strategies and environment capabilities are aligned.
- Responsible for the continuous measurement of the test environment estate, working in conjunction with other IT teams to ensure that the environments are an accurate reflection of production (these to include SA’s, DbA’s, Development and Tech Support).
- Demonstrable experience of the Software Development Lifecycle and the role of Environment management in the practice of software Test and Release Management;
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL Service Transition principles (e.g. software asset management, configuration management, change management);
- Good knowledge of IT and Network infrastructure and architecture (including Cloud);
- Proven track-record of delivering solutions in a complex and demanding technical environment – this gained in a Telephony (Fixed/Mobile) or Broadband or ISP company.
- Experience in UNIX, Red Hat Linux, Java, Source Control (e.g. GO CD, TeamCity, GIT), Oracle etc.
- Relationship management – ability to build, shape and maintain effective and trusted relationships with team members and stakeholders across various technical domains (and different geographical sites).
- Highly effective team-working and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about