Global Roaming Account Manager
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43400
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Carrier Relations & Roaming team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the Roaming team within Carrier Relations and Roaming, you’ll be part of the overall delivery of wholesale roaming strategy and execute the outbound cost saving initiative by negotiating with roaming partners around the world.
- Build and manage roaming relationships both through direct unilateral relationships and through the roaming hub
- Take Account Management responsibility for each roaming partner and ensuring that the commercial and IOT benefits are realised by driving the IREG team/Roaming Hub provider to complete the tests with the Partner so that the commercial relationship can be launched in a timely manner
- Work alongside the Roaming Manager and propositions team to prioritise key destinations for discounts
- Negotiate Roaming IOT rates and commercial terms for each GSMA roaming agreement when necessary (AA.12, AA.13, AA.19)
- Co-ordinate service roll out through a cross functional collaborative team with managed service providers, roaming partners & roaming service enablers across the world
- Maintain an excellent level of knowledge with regards to GSMA industry standards and practises, ensuring Sky is always acting in compliance with industry standards and attending GSMA events when required
- Provide input to the overall roaming strategy
- Manage the monthly management reports to capture progress vs budget and overall deal progress
- Support the Roaming Manager, and other members of the team, when required on special projects and tasks.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a mobile network operator or MVNO, preferably within a Roaming or Wholesale Department.
- A Degree Level education – Business or similar
- A proven track record of delivering Roaming: Voice, Data, Video and SMS bilateral relationships globally.
- Good understanding of Roaming. (Standard GSMA documentation, Roaming Regulations, operational processes etc.,)
- Commercially Savvy with proven cost saving examples in a similar role
- Network of roaming industry relationships with excellent relationship management skills
- Knowledge of wholesale international roaming / associated services and proven experience in negotiating commercial terms
- Excellent understanding of the end to end roaming process including commercial, technical and billing
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about