Head of Trading, Retail
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: 24-01-2019
- Reference number: 44065
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Commercial Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Head of Trading, you will lead a commercial and marketing team of 20+ people based across the UK, responsible for driving sales across existing and emerging face to face sales channels, through commercial and marketing execution.
- Lead and motivate the commercial trading teams across our retail channels, ensuring robust plans are in place for developing the team and for succession planning and marketing execution
- Ensure alignment between the Trading Performance team’s expectations and own team in terms of targets
- Create a culture in the team of excellent execution and professionalism to ensure trading plans can achieve the best possible outcomes
- Work collaboratively with the Big 5 Sales team to enable delivery of these plans on time and in line with target
- Keep across day to day performance of face to face channels against target, proactively flagging where issues arise and devising appropriate recovery initiatives
- Enable best practice sharing between the face to face channels, eg around marketing collateral
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, including the Product leaders across TV, Broadband and Mobile, our Customer Service Group, Trading Performance team and Finance. And maintaining excellent working relationships with senior individuals at our Third Party Retail channels
- Be the go to person for the retail channels within the CCO group
- Broad experience of large corporate business leading in retail or equivalent sales and trading environments
- A track record of setting up and driving new sales channels, from idea to implementation
- Proven motivational leader – resilient and positive, bringing a geographically dispersed team together, able to drive trust and growth in our people
- An ability to communicate confidently and clearly at all levels of the organisation – from advisors to C-suite executives, both face to face and in writing
- Resilient under pressure and ability to challenge others constructively where points of view differ
- Able to work proactively and autonomously, and make the best decisions for Sky
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about