- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43915
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Commercial Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Value Performance Controller, you will be responsible for the in-quarter performance analysis, optimisation & forecasting of the Value route-to-market. They will need to understand the trading levers / tools available to them (e.g. Value 360, AOP) and make recommendations to optimise customer and P&L performance.
- Become the expert in the Value route-to-market, developing a deep understanding of the drivers of trading performance and working collaboratively with the CCO & CSG teams to ensure that all available levers are utilised to optimise customer & P&L performance in-quarter.
- Design and deliver a comprehensive suite of trading insight (core KPI dashboards, Performance Reporting & Performance “deep dives”) to ensure that trading performance can be articulated accurately and in a timely manner – including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
- Use your trading insight and expertise to deliver accurate forecasts of Value Calls, Net Revenue Change & Customer Package Migrations to ensure an accurate outlook for Sky product net growth and financial forecasting. Use the latest tools (i.e. 360) and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
- Create an effective trading performance management structure for Value, including necessary trading meetings and insight packs, working collaboratively with the CCO and CSG teams to ensure that the implications of week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions triggered
- Use your knowledge to make recommendations to the HOD, Director of Performance, MD Trading, Commercial Directors to ensure the business continues to grow and flourish; generating revenue, customer and profit growth.
- Work with the HoD & Director to develop talent within the team, coach them and raise the bar to deliver excellence in terms of forecasting accuracy, trading insight and optimisation.
- Credible and able to present work up to the MD Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
- Ability to build a team coach, mentor and train a mix of individuals to deliver results
- Ensure that the Sky behaviours are embedded within the team, inclusive of equal opportunities and the diversity agenda
- Actively manage direct reports and provide one to one coaching and mentoring to stretch and develop
- Able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about