Network Security Engineer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 42283
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Prepare, perform and review changes on network and security devices
- Technical lead for projects and escalations
- Drive technical excellence and best practice
- Incident investigation for all incidents including Major production and High priority incidents.
- Represent Security Operations in follow up meetings with cross functional technical teams and incident management
- Supplier Management; Manage performance and validity of supplier reporting
- Enforce Sky’s Acceptable Use Policy, protecting the internet from abuse.
- Ensure continuous compliance is being achieved across the business this includes, but not exclusive to, firewall management, SIEM management and threat management.
- Work closely with the Network Security teams to help protect Sky’s network and customers from emergent threats
- Knowledge and experience of some of the adjacent technologies, in a live environment, but an in-depth knowledge of IP and layer 2/3 technologies is essential
- Experience of using and managing DDOS Mitigation software
- Experience of managing IDS/IDP solutions
- Experience in managing next generation firewalls – Palo Alto
- Experience in managing and tuning an industry standard SIEM (security incident event manager)
- Routing and switching experience
- Able to perform vulnerability assessments
- VPN RA & S2S (Virtual Private Networks)
- Personal research for information security (white papers, attack vectors, security advisories, vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques)
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about