Network Support Engineer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43881
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Tech Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be part of a team providing 24/7 x 365 support for Network issues relating to the Core, Access, Metro and Mobile infrastructure. You will be responsible for resolving Network incidents as well as carrying out NMC related BAU activities on approximately 35,000 network devices on a variety of vendor platforms.
- Act as 24x7 central point of contact for Network issues
- Ensure all faults are investigated in a timely manner and are solved within agreed SLA’s
- Provide regular updates to ticketing systems whilst progressing incidents through to resolution.
- Implement planned routine maintenance changes as required
- Work closely with vendor or supplier support teams for any Operational issues which require external escalation
- Provide assistance to other support teams as and when required.
- Keep abreast with new network technology supported by the NMC.
- Previous experience of working within an ISP or Telco environment; preferably with an emphasis on Cisco, Huawei and Nokia platforms.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience to work a shift pattern which will involves days, nights and weekends
- The ability to remain calm, composed, diplomatic and co-operative under stressful situations
- Cisco CCNP or Nokia or Juniper equivalent level knowledge
- Knowledge of service provider technologies (IGP routing, BGP, LDP, L3VPN, VPLS, MPLS, QoS, LACP, Layer 2 switching)
- Previous experience of working in an ISP/Telco environment
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about