Senior Project Manager (Infra & SW)
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 42040
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- Facilitate and drive complex projects within the overall portfolio through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation. This will either be in the context of a workstream within an overall programme or a standalone project in the wider portfolio of the team.
- Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, budgetary control, change control, risk and issue management.
- Provide structure and guidance to the project and to be the calm voice of reason within the delivery to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be seen as a trusted delivery resource. Our team works across the end to end delivery of projects and you will be required to lead cross functional teams to ensure the project is successfully delivered.
- Build good industry knowledge within the portfolio so that you can clearly articulate and lead the context of the delivery to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the overall strategy of the business.
- Build collaborative and close relationships with Enterprise Architects and the Analysis & Consulting team within the group, to ensure alignment across scope, architecture, governance and plans in all initiatives you work on.
- Innovate to continuously improve project delivery standard methodology both within the team and externally within Sky.
- Over 5 years of managing projects throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Project Management and associated methodology
- Partner and Budgetary management
- Risk and Issue management
- Vendor and contract management
- Importantly, you will have a pragmatic results- and delivery- oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated project delivery, ideally in industry related to Sky’s core products, but this domain experience is not essential. We want people who have delivered initiatives from start to finish and have experienced all phases of a delivery lifecycle.
- We’d love you to be a good communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- We want you to be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt your style and methods to get the best out of the business in delivering a project. Being able to recognise when things are not working and need changing is core to what we are looking for.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better