- Location: England - London
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 34387
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Engineering owns and manages Sky’s IP network backbone and all associated information systems infrastructure. The Engineering department is responsible for service delivery and development of the core ISP services, as well as network and data centre solutions. Engineering areas of responsibility are critical parts of many of Sky ‘s products and product features, e.g., Sky Broadband, Sky Fibre, Sky Talk, Sky TV ‘On Demand’, Sky Go and NOW TV.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too
Your key responsibilities:
The role involves activities at all stages of the delivery lifecycle. It requires close collaboration with other teams in Sky UK Tech, including: Systems Administration, Data Warehouse Development, Database Administration, Operations Support, Network Design & Delivery, Architecture & Design and Project Management.
- Develop software for the Sky Broadband Internet Service Platform
- Develop software to automatically test applications and services
- Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- Take industry-standard open source technologies, install and configure them and develop APIs for other applications to access them as a service
- Write software that interacts directly with vendor devices/systems, understanding behaviour in order to incorporate it into a working system
- Extensive, demonstrable relevant professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of at least one scripting programming language (e.g. Perl or Python)
- Experience of developing and maintaining shell scripts (e.g. bash scripts)
- Working knowledge of at least one Linux distribution
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better