Associate Design Engineer (Emerging Technologies)
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44038
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“You’ll work on state of the art technology to deliver solutions to our millions of customers – from the latest movies to award-winning sports programming – you can make it happen. We’re committed to training and developing." Principal Design Lead, Emerging Technologies.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This role will give you an opportunity to develop and exercise a variety of skills;
- Oversee and run ground-breaking technical research activities.
- Ensure that Sky continue to deliver phenomenal content at outstanding quality. Achieve this by designing excellent, reliable workflows and performing video and audio quality assessments.
- Contribute to team's expertise in video and audio compression standards, linear and on-demand content processing methods and workflows, pre-processing techniques and content delivery technologies.
- Develop our research environments.
- Deliver presentations, technical demonstrations and share your knowledge with colleagues and peers.
- An inquisitive nature and are motivated and reliable person willing to learn and apply new knowledge on a constant basis.
- Attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside of the box.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present your ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Passion and practical experience in at least one of these areas - Data processing and Analysis (including databases, Python scripting, Excel, Unix tools), Video and Audio processing (codecs, containers, formats, analysis tools), Cloud and on-premises infrastructure and solutions.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about