Broadcast Support Technologist
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43571
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Broadcast Engineering Support Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Support Sky News Osterley and Millbank, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Racing, Sky F1 and general purpose studios across the Osterley campus.
- Support Edit Suites and Audio dubbing equipment and workflows.
- Support Content services workflows.
- Support Broadcast Control Systems.
- Support Talk Back comms systems.
- Collaborate closely with shift colleagues and work with specialist team members closely in establishing root cause of ongoing issues
- Ensure incidents are logged and reported to high standards.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge-base, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Passion to work in the demanding area of a live broadcast environment
- Ability to understand the needs of clients that operate complex broadcast technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems and workflows.
- Education to HND level in Media Technologies, Broadcast Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the television signal chain, specifically SD-SDI, HD-SDI, UHD and SMPTE 2022
- A keen understanding of digital file delivery.
- An understanding of television cameras, vision mixers, audio mixers and video routers.
- An excellent knowledge of personal computing.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work
hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best
A job you love to talk about