Commercial Operations Assistant
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43558
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Commercial Operations team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Ensure that all industry regulations and guidelines as set out by Ofcom, ASA, Clearcast etc regarding the transmission of commercial airtime are adhered to for all the channels that we sell / book commercial content on
- Guarantee that all commercial airtime is completely sold when finalising schedule
- Ensure that the correct commercial minutage is adhered to within each hour and across the day on all channels
- Be viewing and vetting of all commercial content prior to transmission on our channels and platforms to ensure all necessary scheduling restrictions are in place to enable schedules and platforms to be sanitised in the event of a breaking news story
- Be chasing copy and processing copy instructions ensuring all copy is received on time and keeping relevant teams notified of any issues that will delay campaign activation
- Be checking commercial approval status with Clearcast and updating our systems accordingly. Also checking commercial delivery and placeholders on the MAM
- Traffic Linear AdSmart & Pull VOD campaigns - setting up copy in Landmark, adding the necessary restrictions where appropriate and attaching to the relevant campaign. Traffic sponsorship bumper details within Freewheel along with all associated metadata and scheduling restrictions where appropriate and attaching to and activating campaigns
- Assist in the analysis and classification of newly delivered programming on Freewheel for our VOD platforms in an accurate and timely manner to ensure compliance and an optimum sized VOD inventory for Sales to target
- To be qualified to ‘A’ Level standard in at least 4 subjects which are to include English and Mathematics
- Good level of computer literacy, especially Outlook, Excel and Word
- Some Media industry experience
- Good Numerical skills and Meticulous attention to detail
- Good presentation and communication skills, a good team player
- To be driven, self-motivated
- To be able to excel under pressure, must be able to multi-task and have a calm disposition
- Strong leadership and ability to develop direct reports
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about