CSE Support Engineer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43859
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Content Systems Support Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The Content Systems Support team is responsible for 24/7 first line engineering support, incident management and technical engagement with internal Engineering groups and vendors on our Broadcast Production Systems.
- Investigate and resolve incidents on systems and services across the Production estate ensuring we meet customers high expectations and our service availability target
- Capture and input accurate, detailed data which informs our technical reporting of incidents and system performance.
- Be working with internal Operational and Production teams, external vendors and service partners to ensure effective delivery of Sky’s services
- Learn business continuity plans and working with other teams to implement business continuity when required for relevant content-effecting incidents.
- Provide a customer-focused service for the department through effective communication and pro-active engagement with our many customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of and interest in the technical elements of broadcast production systems and associated platforms and interfaces.
- Excellent customer management skills, including - communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and produce results/solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent prioritising and organisational skills
- Experience of video file-based environment with thorough knowledge of video standards, including SDI, HD-SDI and Mpeg, with working knowledge of video server technology and transcoding.
- Broadcast IT experience in applications support.
- Experience in MeteorJS
- Video ingest & encoding technologies, networking, servers and storage technologies.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about