Data Products Manager
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44117
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Data Products Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Data Products Manager, act as an interface between BI and Data Products Team and the business on agreed projects. You will be involved in the use of data and Insights to drive value for the business. You are responsible for shaping and delivering the project approach. Responsible for ensuring that all outputs for your aligned projects are successfully developed and deployed in the business through actively facilitating the engagement of all DP&D teams.
- Develop relationships with partners to reach a deep understanding of their business areas
- Design and implement Data Product, self-serve and reporting roadmaps with your partners to improve the way they make decisions
- Lead a team to produce high quality, actionable reporting and self-serve tools using your own efforts as an individual contributor, your team, and matrix resources
- Be recognised as a go-to DP&D contact for your projects and a subject matter expert
- Be able to distil business requests into clear, concise business requirements
- Manage project stakeholders through the lifecycle of the project and ensure there is effective communication channels.
- Successfully deliver of projects in-line with business expectations and benefits commitments while meeting DP&D objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the other DP&D teams to develop appropriate solutions and ensure that we deliver to time and cost on all agreed requirements.
- Excellent and proven track record of having established successful business relationships with Senior stakeholders.
- Excellent commercial skills and able to produce and articulate commercial strategy with highly aware stakeholders.
- Data Product Management and Insight Experience with deep and extensive skills in managing end-to-end Data Products, Self-Serve tools, Reporting and Insights roadmaps.
- Extensive experience and track record of managing teams to understand and deliver complex solutions in your own team and across an internal matrix.
- Experience and enjoys working in an innovative and creative environment. Able to deliver big picture benefits and make careful and swift prioritisation calls.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- High levels of logical thinking & problem-solving skills. Able to deal with complex problems using innovative and industry leading techniques.
- Experience of successfully delivering cross-functional / matrix run projects and an understanding of both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about