Enterprise Network Designer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43430
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
This role will focus on Sky’s Enterprise Network but will also offer the opportunity to work on various projects across the whole IP network, including the Edge & Services and the Core & Metro areas.
- Lead the design and specification of Sky’s enterprise network infrastructure to ensure the security, availability and integrity of the company’s computer processing and communication capability.
- Ensure the company’s enterprise data network infrastructure is fit for purpose through appropriate design and selection of technology in line with the company’s Technology strategy.
- Undertake research and development activities with new technologies to identify and report how these could be used to support the business objectives and exploit new business opportunities.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new network infrastructure technologies from design into production and help to prevent interruptions on live services.
- Together with other members of Technology, participate in the development and maintenance of design standards for Technology service levels to customers and clients.
- Ensure all designs are documented, compliant, delivered on time, and in budget.
- Work in partnership with those responsible for overall technology standards to help define the strategic technology architecture and to define, recommend, maintain and ensure adherence to technical standards for the network infrastructure environment.
- Act as a Centre of Expertise for enterprise network infrastructure in use within Sky.
- Educated to University degree standard or equivalent. This requirement may be replaced by demonstrable equivalent skills in a work environment been spent in a senior network technical / design role within a customer-facing IT organisation using similar technologies to those used by Sky
- Cisco CCDP\DE or CCIE
- Experience with high end Cisco platforms such as Cisco Nexus 2/5/7/9K. F5 Loadbalancers & Palo Alto Firewalls & IDS.
- OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, EtherChannel, LACP, dot1q
- Cisco Qualified Specialist in one or more of the following: Data Centre, Wireless LAN, Security, Optimisation
- Automation & Orchestration (AWS and VMware NSX and or OpenStack Neutron), Cisco ACI, IaaS,LBaaS,FWaaS
- Experience of developing and administering large and complex infrastructure solutions within large blue chip organisations.
- Good experience of public and private cloud technologies, experience of designing large campus networks on a wide range of networking platforms, primarily Cisco.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about