Enterprise Network Implementation Team Lead
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43391
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Enterprise Network Implementation Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Lead and manage the Enterprise Network Implementation team, dealing with all project resource requests/issues and fulfilling all line manager tasks for the implementation team.
- The Enterprise Network Implementation T/L will need to be an extraordinary communicator, an effective and efficient great teammate, very well organised, with the ability to lead their day to day activities as well as those of their team for incidents, requests and ongoing project work.
- Lead, manage and support the technical delivery of projects in line with defined technology strategies, principles, best working practices and defined building blocks across the network infrastructure.
- Be a key technical point of contact and escalation for implementation challenges and decisions whilst providing on-going insights and assistance to enable project progress and continuity.
- Heavily experienced with client, partner and project sponsor engagement and management; possess key knowledge, experience and expertise of core enterprise network technologies.
- Participate on implementation tasks themselves whilst leading the implementation team. Pre-empt any project technical escalations and lead resolution.
- Be the key conduit between business partners, project management, technology architecture and design teams and provides the significant leadership, management, governance and support needed throughout the life-cycle of the project.
- Be the Network Team Leader advises on planning, design and implementation, and controls the installation and maintenance of network infrastructure, contributing towards ensuring that the capacity, reliability and availability of IT network services meet the requirements of the organisation
- Educated to University degree standard or equivalent. This requirement may be replaced by demonstrable equivalent skills in a work environment been spent in a Team Lead / implementation role within a customer-facing IT organisation using similar technologies to those used by Sky
- Experience of leading a technical team
- Experience with high end Cisco platforms such as Cisco Nexus, 65XX series and integrated service modules such as ASA/FWSM/ACE. F5 Loadbalancers & Palo Alto Firewalls & IDS.
- OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, STP, EtherChannel, LACP, dot1q
- Cisco Qualified Specialist in one or more of the following: Data Centre, Wireless LAN, Security, and Optimisation
- AWS and VMware NSX, OpenStack Neutron, Cisco ACI, IaaS, LBaaS, FWaaS
- Container SDN technology
- Configuration Management Tooling - Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about