Head of Health & Safety
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 42743
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Group Resilience team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
As the Head of Health and Safety, you'll be responsible for shaping the future agenda to lead Sky’s drive to maintain the safety and resilience of our day to day operations. A champion for doing the right thing, responding to our business’ diverse challenges with an approach that balances standard methodology, common sense and commercial thinking. You will lead an experienced team of H&S and risk professional practitioners and have personal responsibility to support and advise our Leadership team, ensuring that Sky is always a safe place to work.
- Leader of the Group’s approach to health and safety, setting strategy and delivering against that.
- You will maintain a robust safety and resilience management structure within Sky
- Working closely with the key partners to achieve practical cost-effective compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Continually develop the Sky approach to health and safety.
- Drive and facilitate corporate oversight through the Executive governance
- Draft reports to the Executive Directors and the Audit Committee, and prepare reports for Board review
- Directing the strategic and routine work of a team of technical professionals servicing the corporate needs of the business; addressing both national and international risks.
- Work closely with the regulators to secure an appropriate enforcement attitude toward the Group.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or) Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health
- CMIOSH / MIIRSM
- Experience of dealing with a corporate senior leadership team
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures. Ability to keep abreast of trends and related standard methodology.
- Thorough knowledge of, and ability to advise upon, health & safety matters, resilience issues, risk management and H&S legislation.
- An ability to draft and deliver clear policy and guidance that meets the legislative requirement and the business need
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop professional staff, together with excellent team building skills.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better