Head Of Studio Output - Sky News
- Location: England - Middlesex - Osterley
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 37672
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
- As a senior member of the leadership team you’ll help drive our television news output at an exciting time for Sky News
- Provide clear, strong leadership of gallery production staff to deliver 24 hour rolling television news in new automated environment
- Lead on the look and feel of Sky News on TV, giving guidance on shots/sets and use of studios to directing team and creatives.
- Working with Sky Creative, ensure the vision for Sky News is translated on air across all programmes consistently.
- Contribute ideas and energy to the senior leadership team to develop and expand Sky News as a multi-platform rolling news station.
- Experienced leader of people with strong track record in directing live and pre-recorded high quality TV news output.
- Strong technical background with up to date knowledge of new and developing kit solutions.
- Experience working closely with creative team to come up with fresh looks for programmes
- Creative thinker who provides solutions to challenges and inspires others to do the same.
- Strong communicator both in boardroom and on the shop floor.
- Experience managing on air presenting talent on a day to day basis.
- Experienced at delivering feedback, both positive and negative, to team of directors and co-directors.
Team player who collaborates with others, but is also self-sufficient in decision making.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.