- Location: England - Middlesex - Osterley
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 36062
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the My Account team within the Sky Q Software Development team, you’ll be developing the MyAccount pages available to millions of customers through their Sky Q Set-top-box. Looking to enhance current and build new customer journeys for our customers to continually improve their experience.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Working closely with design and product teams to create intuitive and innovative user experiences
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Releasing to and supporting the product as we progress through user trials and full launch
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Graphics-intensive (eg games) applications for CE devices
- TDD approach to writing software (Jasmine / NodeUnit/Mocha)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)- Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and automation perspective
- Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
- High attention to detail, being ‘pixel perfect’ in translating wireframes and designs into working interactive experiences
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk Flexible Working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better