Legal Counsel - Operations
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 01-02-2019
- Reference number: 43971
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Legal Operations & Innovation Team.
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The role will provide the opportunity to develop both your legal skills and know-how, and a breadth and depth of knowledge of both future consumer communication products and the operation of Sky’s business at UK and Group level.
- Support and advise the Product Design and Development teams on the development (in-house and external) of software and hardware solutions for all of Sky’s next generation customer products and services such as Sky over IP, next generation SkyQ, the Mobile SWAP service, including on-going licensing and support arrangements;
- Support and advise the business on the end-to-end supply process at UK and Group level for Sky’s customer products including advising on RFPs, component purchase, hardware manufacture, accessories for mobile, logistics and repair as well as software licensing and development, content security, related professional services and support arrangements;
- Work closely with legal and business colleagues in Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland on the agreements for the supply of products and services between the 3 Skys, considering tax and transfer pricing issues.
- Support and advise the business on all customer product related obligations from environmental compliance to product safety and product liability and financial services regulation of our extended warranty/ insurance products
- Liaise with the team’s key stakeholders and the broader Legal team on regulatory, competition, employment, data protection and litigation issues.
- Experience working with hardware and software contracts / licences
- Experience with product manufacturing and supply contracts as well as product purchasing contracts
- Experience of international contracts (awareness around tax implications)
- Product compliance
- Pragmatic approach with good commercial awareness
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about