Listings & Metadata Coordinator (12 month FTC)
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 20-12-2018
- Reference number: 43083
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our EPG Services team.
“The EPG Services team sits within Content Planning Operations, based at our headquarters in Osterley. The team is responsible for ensuring that the schedule information displayed on the EPG (Sky's TV Guide) is accurate for Sky's 12 million+ customers. We check the TV and radio listings prior to the information appearing to customers, resolving any issues before transmission by working closely with both broadcasters and schedule suppliers. The data we maintain also helps to power content discovery features across Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go and Now TV.” – Alex Wand, Senior Product Lead
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid holiday. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a member of the EPG Services team you will ensure that customers are presented with faultless TV listings, as you help accurately curate the Sky platform. You will work with internal scheduling teams and partners across the wider Content Planning department, helping to seamlessly launch high profile content onto Sky’s VOD and linear services. You will also help power content discovery features, handling the metadata that drives Sky’s search and recommendation functions, ensuring customers can always find the content they love.
- Manage a portfolio of TV & radio channels; checking the editorial accuracy of data delivered from Sky planners and 3rd party broadcasters alike
- Work cohesively with other departments on metadata curation
- Verify the editorial and technical accuracy of schedule data within given timelines
- Ensure all EPG data conforms to Sky and Ofcom guidelines and specifications
- React quickly and efficiently to last minute schedule changes due to emergency situations
- Monitor the supply of schedules and quality of data provided by channels and suppliers, taking a proactive approach to resolve any recurring issues directly
- Ensure automated matching processes run successfully & flag/resolve where issues arise
- Build and maintain relationships with internal content scheduling teams, as well as external partners
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure
- Exemplary spelling, grammar; strong attention to detail & focus on accuracy
- Confident in working autonomously, whilst maintaining a team ethic
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data and prioritise workload accordingly
- Flexibility to develop skills and support tasks across broader Content Planning Operations team
- Previous listings experience is advantageous, as well as a passion for TV and film
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about