Platform Engineer Manager
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43744
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As the Platform Engineer Manager, you will be working in close collaboration with the TVD teams to assure quality measures are implemented across the TVD Platform.
- Provide technical consultancy support, working with the Programme teams and Sky Architects to develop a structure for systems support.
- Provide E2E integration strategies for large and complex Programmes.
- Be an approachable authority and resource of technical knowledge
- Verify and Validation of Functional System Requirements
- Manage workshops, presenting and gaining acceptance of solutions.
- Work closely with the automation experts and teams across the TVD Platform on ensuring that the integration scope includes any new features or fixes from an end to end test perspective.
- Review test scripts, test execution, and associated test results on a regular basis.
- Support with the coordination of integration activities, defect reviews and other operational excellence activities to ensure that testing is completed to a high standard and that business and operational acceptance criteria are met.
- Experience in a management/leadership position
- Demonstrable experience in leading teams on large complex integration projects
- Experience of creating Integration Test Strategy/Plan for complex integration projects involving multiple 3rd party deliverables
- Experience of Systems Interface Analysis/Verification
- Solid understanding of the full SDLC for large systems
- Excellent planning and time management
- Solid commercial awareness and ability to interpret technical contractual requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about