Production Support Broadcast Engineer
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43553
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Broadcast Engineering Support Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Support Sky News Osterley and Millbank, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Racing, Sky F1 and general-purpose studios across the Osterley campus.
- Edit Suites and Audio dubbing equipment and workflows.
- Provide a support organisation that reacts quickly to failure and ensure that the responding Engineer has all the tools, access and knowledge available to resolve the issues.
- Take ownership of issues for the Support department.
- Ensure that all functional areas within the department communicate effectively on both day to day operational problems and future opportunities
- Collaborate closely with shift colleagues and work with specialist team members closely in establishing root cause of ongoing issues
- Ensure incidents are logged and reported to high standards.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge-base, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Education to HND level in Broadcast Engineering, Media Technologies or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the television signal chain, specifically SD-SDI, HD-SDI, UHD and SMPTE 2022
- An understanding of digital file delivery.
- A good understanding of television cameras, vision mixers, audio mixers and video routers.
- A working knowledge of control systems and talk back systems
- An excellent knowledge of personal computing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work
hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best
A job you love to talk about