Programme Manager (Team Lead - Infra & SW)
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 42728
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Sky’s Product & Technology Delivery Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Facilitate and drive complex programmes within the overall portfolio through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation. This will either be in the context of the overall end to end programme delivery or within the Technology domain.
- Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, budgetary control, change control, risk and issue management.
- Provide support and guidance to your team, who will be working in a matrix environment, and to be the calm voice of reason to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be seen as a trusted delivery resource. This will include building cohesive and efficient matrix cross functional delivery teams as well as ensuring that your own team thrive.
- Build collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders across business, operational and delivery areas as a ‘trusted advisor’, in order to align on recommendations, guide them towards feasible solutions, resolve issues and agree delivery strategy without disrupting delivery initiatives.
- Provide mentorship and authentic leadership to project managers within the PTD group and across the organisation.
- Innovate to continuously improve project delivery best practice both within the team and externally within Sky.
- Importantly, you will have a pragmatic results- and delivery- oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated technology and operational delivery on diverse projects, ideally in industry related to Sky’s core products, but this domain experience is not essential. We want people who have delivered large initiatives from start to finish and have experienced all phases of a delivery lifecycle.
- We’d love you to be a brilliant communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner. You will need to be empathetic and able to support your team in a positive and constructive way.
- We need you to be an amazing facilitator who is able to resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- We want you to be open and transparent in everything that you do.
- You will be comfortable in quickly grasping ideas in both familiar and unfamiliar domains, and you will be able to use your business acumen and understanding of Sky’s strategic objectives to prioritise and shape these ideas to aid the delivery of the programme.
- Finally, we want you to be seen as the voice of calm in a fast paced and dynamic environment. All programmes go through challenges and stressful times so we want the people running those initiatives to be able to handle those times as calmly as possible and to be seen in control of all situations and challenges.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about