QA Operator - (6-9m FTC)
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: 28-01-2019
- Reference number: 44091
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“This is an excellent opportunity to be at the heart of Sky Production Services, delivering all Content Services Ingest for In house Production teams and for delivery to transmission” ~ Manager of Content Services
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid holiday. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- As a QA Operator you will be responsible for performing meta data checks on content for the Sky linear platforms (Sky 1, Sky Sports, Sky Atlantic, etc.)
- Even find yourself performing the final checks on the new Game of Thrones series!
- Also perform tape digitisation of legacy Sky Sports content.
- Offer multiskilling opportunities outside the current role enabling staff to expand their repertoire of skills and experiences around the business.
- Also offer opportunities to carry out project work whereby staff with a particular area of expertise whether that be Excel work, presentations, overviews, etc can add extra value to the business.
- Customer-focussed attitude and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with / understanding of Media Asset Management systems and content tracking, are a must
- Broad understanding of Ingest processes / broadcast environments is preferable.
- Knowledge of ingest and transmission workflow within TV & broadcast is preferable
- AS level or equivalent education, with Excel and Word literacy
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about