Scala Developer @ NOW TV
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 43975
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Family.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Software Developer you’ll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, see value in established practices such as XP, TDD and BDD, have experience in CI/CD and be versed in Agile methodologies to ensure your projects succeed.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Help the team choose the best solution and technologies for the task in hand
- Take a pro-active role with production issues and release management
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- Delivery experience within an agile project is essential
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in Scala, Java, TDD and BDD, RESTful web services, SQL, JPA, Hibernate, Agile Best Practices, Architectural/Integration Design Patterns, Git and Linux
- A track record of getting the job done and an enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Take pride and ownership in your work, good team player and great at communicating.
- Some experience in Spray / Play frameworks and Spring MVC
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about