Senior Procurement Manager
- Employee status: Fixed Term
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 320468
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Marketing Procurement supports many internal customers and a wide marketing sourcing activity across Sky, including; media, above & below the line agencies, public relations, events, sales & retail, print services, fulfilment & distribution, digital marketing and market intelligence to mention but a few areas. The Marketing Procurement team manage a spend in excess of £500m p.a. in the UK and are now actively involved on projects across the Sky Group (Sky UK / Sky Deutschland / Sky Italia).
Enjoy a generous pension and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Be responsible for delivery of key marketing procurement projects within Sky. We’re looking for someone with a great understanding of marketing categories; ability to work across multiple teams bringing together a single ambition. Deliver commercial benefit to the business and bring Sky’s values to life.
- Be delivering of category planning and sourcing exercises on behalf of Sky
- Be leading commercial and contractual negotiations with suppliers
- Be planning and commercial analysis and producing high quality presentation material
- Project lead sourcing activities to ensure smooth implementation across the business
- Have business intelligence and innovation (product, market, supplier and agency services) to enable continuous improvement
- Develop relationships with key partners to become business partners and early engagement across the Group
- Be Guiding and mentoring of team members
- Support the strategic development of marketing procurement and Group Procurement
- Excellent internal customer engagement and influencing skills.
- A willingness to tackle and advise on solutions to complex business issues.
- Significant experience sourcing and implementing large-scale business change.
- Analytical and financial understanding of the service cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills to address issues with key suppliers at Exec and Board level.
- Ability to establish personal credibility quickly with senior internal customers and agencies.
- High levels of presentation, transparency, communication, integrity and achievement.
- Excellent time management and project management skills and ability to prioritise across multiple activities.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about