Senior Scrum Master
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44155
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Video Content Scheduling Team.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Scrum Master you will report to the Delivery Manager within the Video Content Scheduling Team. You will be an experienced leader and a role model for Agile methodology, demonstrating the Agile values and principles in delivery, processes and actions. Applying a highly collaborative approach and leadership techniques you will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software product regularly, repeatedly and predictably through relentless focus on the customer, business value and technical excellence.
- Facilitate the completion by one or more product development team’s deliverables according to commitments made in sprint planning, proactively manage any blockers and escalate issues as needed
- Champion agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives
- Facilitate SCRUM ceremonies, including but not limited to:
- Daily Stand ups
- Iteration/sprint planning
- Track and hence provide appropriate and consistent metrics, including but not limited to burndown charts and velocity measurement and tracking.
- Coach mentor and motivate team members to adopt and live agile principles of development.
- Socialising, promoting and facilitating Agile development principles in every suitable interaction.
- Management of impediments - Proactively identifying, analysing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimise risks and avoid crises.
- Assure the timely transition of development work into production by fully engaging with stakeholders functions as part of a planned delivery
- Effective demand and resource planning, to assist availability of skilled resources according to project needs.
- Experience in a previous Scrum Master role.
- In-depth understanding of Agile values and practices, with an excellent understanding of SCRUM.
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to the team.
- Solid understanding of software development processes and procedures
- Solid understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Clear understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Technical experience and knowledge of platform development.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about