Senior Trading Manager, Performance
- Employee status: Permanent
- Closing date: Ongoing
- Reference number: 44116
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Trading Team.
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll
benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave and many
Your key responsibilities:
The Senior Trading Manager will be responsible for the in-quarter performance analysis; optimisation & forecasting. They will need to understand the trading levers available to them (e.g. agent incentives & performance, subscription & upfront fee discounting, customer treatments, customer propensities and competitor intelligence) and make recommendations to optimise customer and P&L performance.
- Trading Expertise – Become the trading expert, developing a deep understanding of the drivers of trading performance at a route-to-market and customer segment level, and working collaboratively with the various teams to ensure that all available levers are utilised to optimise growth and P&L performance in-quarter.
- Trading insight – Deliver a comprehensive suite of trading insight tools to ensure that trading performance can be articulated accurately and in a timely manner – including root-cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
- Forecasting – use your trading insight and expertise to deliver accurate performance forecasts to ensure an accurate outlook for Sky overall net growth and financial forecasting. Use the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting.
- Trading governance – ensure the trading performance management structure runs effectively, overseeing and owning trading meetings and insight packs, working collaboratively with the RTM’s, Commercial Planning team, CSG and IDS to capture offer role off, pricing decisions, loyalty, decisioning, content, market feedback etc., and ensure that the implications of week to week performance movements are incorporated into the forecast and remedial actions triggered
- Provide mitigation or go-faster recommendations – use your knowledge to make recommendations to the Controller, Heads of Department & Director of Performance, to ensure the business continues to grow and flourish; generating revenue, customer and profit growth.
- Build a brilliant team – work with the Controller and Head of Department to develop talent within the team, coach them and raise the bar to deliver excellence in terms of forecasting accuracy, trading insight and optimisation.
- Credibleand able to present work up to the Director of Performance, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Brilliant collaborator – able to work across a matrix organisation with the Commercial Planning teams , CSG, IDS and finance to ensure the Sky leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
- Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators, needs great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus
- Excellent numeracy skills along with technical skills including excel/database/modelling; with the ability to manage and maintain large and complex data in a variety of formats to build actionable plans - spreadsheets, templates and trackers
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better